So in our new life, we find ourselves without a grill. This is most unfortunate as we used to grill most nights, 6 months of the year. The other day, I was craving a burger, so I surfed around the interwebs and found this:
How to make a Perfect Burger Without a grill (in 10 minutes). He gives an excellent explanation and recipe.
The other thing I find these days is that meat is much more expensive in our new town than it was back home. So we are a lot more conscious about using it well.
No Grill Burgers
(A couple steps I’d never done before and they cook fast! Easy to burn so pay attention.)
Calories: 480 cals (including bun, but not toppings)
Other Nutritional Info
Recipe: (yields 2 burgers)
- 1/2 lb of 90% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/8 cup Italian breadcrumbs (plain would be fine, I rarely buy Italian. I actually don’t know why I had this)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp salt (I only had table salt on hand)
- 2 potato rolls
- Cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments (not included in nutritional info)
1. Combine all of the first 6 ingredients (beef, flour, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic) into a bowl and mash. Patty into thin burgers.
2. Sprinkle the salt in the pan. Heat on high for a couple of minutes. (No, no oil, etc. I know it’s weird.)
3. Lay the patties onto the pan. Watch then closely! Turn over. These cook in less than 10 minutes.
4. Assemble burger.