Last night, I made our new favorite breakfast, a cream cheese coffee cake. I’ve made it with blackberry and now blueberry jelly. It’s delicious. I highly recommend it.
- 4oz reduced fat cream cheese (not lowfat)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 7/8 c all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 c milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 c blackberry, raspberry, or blueberry preserves.
1. Grease and flour a loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, butter until fluffy. Add rest of ingredients (except preserves) and beat 2 minutes.
2. Spread batter in a pan. Spoon preserves and marble with a knife.
3. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Cool. (optionally top with powdered sugar)
Nutritional Information: For a slice, 1/12
147 calories; 6.6 g. fat; 150g sodium; 20 g carbs; 0.3g fiber; 11.7g sugar; 2.5g protein.
(Modified from the Better Home and Garden’s Diabetic’s cookbook)